The purpose of this...

Notifications
Clear all

The purpose of this forum

davidslingshot
(@davidslingshot)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

The purpose of this forum is to discuss how the government can be improved to meet the needs of the citizens.  Postings should contain the name of the municipality at the beginning of the subject line

davidslingshot
(@davidslingshot)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Has anyone filed a damage claim with the city of Ottawa?  It would be great to hear your experience.  I did and was given a refusal 6 months later with reasons that were false and incomplete at best and the articling student's mistakes were obvious and she refused to provide their experts report.  Their story has changed dramatically since their claims adjuster first responded to me. so now I am in court because justice is important to me and lying or telling partial truths and changing stories could be considered "malicious" or "gross incompetence" under the criminal definition of fraud. Section 380(1) of the Criminal Code uses a two-part definition to describe fraud: 1) a prohibited act of “deceit, falsehood or other fraudulent means;” and 2) that this act deprives the public or specific person of “any property, money or valuable security, or any service.” The defense lawyer suggest I might be committing fraud which show the level of aggression the city perpetrates.  Evidence will show that is false and had I been, criminal charges would follow so why suggest it in their defense?  I have seen all too often that those accusing others are often guilty of the accusation themselves. I will cover this in detail but for the moment it is scheduled to be heard so I don't want to upset the judge by using "the court of public opinion"  All I can say is that denial appears to be standard practice at the city from what I have heard and does nothing to correct incompetence in city staff and actually may support it further. I hope this will trigger a full investigation into the city's practice, so anyone else who has experienced something similar is invited to join.  This can only improve the competency of their employees.

This post was modified 2 years ago 7 times by davidslingshot

ReplyQuote
davidslingshot
(@davidslingshot)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

The Canadian Charter of Rights states that everyone is equal before and under the law but it seems that government employees are more equal.  They get paid for attending court and the defendant is not compensated for the day off work they have to take.  Most people don't challenge the ticket but when some do, the prosecution "offer no evidence" and the case is dismissed.  Why is the person not compensated for their time?  Maybe because no one brings compensation up.  Maybe it's time now.  It certainly might slow the level of malice ticketers seem to exhibit.

ReplyQuote
davidslingshot
(@davidslingshot)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

What is this all about and who is tearing those tickets up?

ReplyQuote
davidslingshot
(@davidslingshot)
Member Admin

ReplyQuote
davidslingshot
(@davidslingshot)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

the city has records of who was driving at the time

ReplyQuote
Share: